Our family had a wonderful day this past weekend. We traveled to Chicago for our International Agencies Illinois Picnic. I met many wonderful families, some with their kiddos home and others waiting like us. Our older kids were excited it took place at a zoo and enjoyed the face painting, animals, and crafts. I didn't get many pictures...so unlike me I know. I was way to busy meeting some cutie pattootie faces, fellow bloggers, and new families. It was wonderful to meet Rebecca and Dodd, another couple just behind us waiting for their "call". I also felt like I was meeting a movie star when I met Kiersten; an AGCI Ethiopian Adoption Caseworker from Seattle. I actually came home from the picnic thinking...oh my gosh, I talked way too much. Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy. I was just sooooo excited. Below are some pictures of the event and also some Donations given to me to hand deliver to Hannah's Hope from a fellow blogger buddy. (Thanks Dawn...and Jaxson is adorable.)On that note, if anyone has donations, please feel free to send them my way. I promise I'll take pictures when I get there!


Progress report - we're moving along
10 years ago

8 comments:
So much fun!!!
I want to meet celebrity Kiersten!! She was our first contact with AGCI- as I'm sure she was your's. Goodness, I just cried on the day that she called and told us that we were approved back in January.
So glad you had a great time- I want to meet all of you!! Surreal to me that you are accepting donations b/c it just means you are getting closer and closer!!
i wish we couldve been there. i had to work that day :( Kiersten is our case manager, so it wouldve been nice to meet her. i wish i wouldve known she was going to be there...looks and sounds like you had fun!
I dont know how many kids left HH last week...a lot? i am assumming that our son is there...cant wait for the call!
Hi Audrey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! It is so fun to be getting to know other AGCI Ethiopia families. I can't wait to be able to see your son's face! I'm sure you guys are super excited!
I look forward to staying in touch!
Ashley Scott
www.daveandashleyscott.com
Hey- so very random here, but I was leaving the Needles fam a comment and saw yours there too. I think we live pretty close to eachother- and we're organizing our new list of people interested in our Ethiopian group within our area. We've had one already, and are planning the next one. You can shoot me an email if your interested at abskaufman@hotmail.com.
No biggie if your not interested- just want to include everyone!
It was great meeting you!! Can't wait to follow your journey to ETH!! :)
It was so nice to meet you!!! Your kids are adorable (all 4 of them). :) I wish I was able to stay longer... next time!
Post a Comment