Last night, my hubby and I were relaxing and I told him he needed to rub my feet because we were having a baby. I went on to add that now I could eat whatever I wanted because I was eating for two. After a long pause on my end and some quick reflection...I thought for a second and realized that I probably shouldn't be eating for two, I should be eating 1/2 the amount I normally do in order to save money for the adoption. This brings me to my next goal of fundraising and grants. I do have a financial plan detailed in an older blog entry, but I'm open to suggestions to save for this little bundle of joy; although I could use the weight loss and eating 1/2 would help out with that goal.
I thank everyone for their suggestions and kind words thus far. It is so inspiring and the tips to save time have been awesome. Hubby is ordering the marriage and birth certificates today, and I'm calling a second local homestudy agency to see if I have better feedback and response time.
It is also wonderful to already know of two people right before me in the process. I'm sure we'll be crazy together and I look forward to the process and possibly traveling with you!
All of this excitement sure makes this crummy Mid-West snow and temp seem like nothing.
FYI- Homestudy scheduled, as well as physicals...check, and double-check

2 comments:
oh yes I totally forgot about the physicals! I went ahead and got our passports updated too but you have a lot of time for that:) I just thought that I needed them for the dossier but I was wrong.
The money will come together! We took a small loan out of our 401k...this really worked out for the best since the markets were doing terrible anyways we were losing money. So we plan to pay it back with the tax credit after completing the adoption and hopefully the market will be in better shape then and it will have saved us a ton of money! It is a little risky but in the end I think it is worth it! Just an idea, definitely not for everyone.
Post a Comment