
Each month we recieve a newsletter from AGCI. We are still waiting for some state approvals of our homestudy and once they are here...we will be "officially" waiting on the list. Currently, the boys wait list is at 9. It is growing, which means more boys will have forever homes. Yeah! Changes are taking place right now with Ethiopian Adoptions. Please pray that these changes occur for the best interest of the kiddos and that they are efficient and effective.
Abandonment Hold and Investigation
Ethiopia that the Federal Courts of Addis Ababa have put a hold on approving any case where the child has been abandoned. This will be the case until an investigation is done in Ethiopia. This is most likely due to the trend in more abandonment cases in Addis Ababa. This investigation is needed to determine if children are being illegally abandoned. I've also heard that DNA testing may take place to insure legitmate cases for adoption. This change will effect people right now and in the near future. It should be in effective and smooth running by the time we are near the start of the waitlist. Pray for those families being effected right now.

5 comments:
Thanks very much for your words of encouragement. Perhaps our boys are getting to know each other at Hannah's Hope while we grownups wait on the paperwork! P.S. Sorry I inadvertently deleted my previous comment. Still learning how all this works!
I'm hoping so much that everything continues to be smooth with Ethiopian adoptions... With R, the process was so straightforward, and b/c the program was new to our agency, really quick, too! I pray that the Ethiopian government remembers the children who are affected by these changes and acts in their best interest. I in no way want to be a part of an illegal adoption so I know these changes are for the good of the children and the Ethiopian people in general. I just hope that things continue to be smooth and transparent as these changes are put in place. I keep reminding myself, too, that we want to bring our second child home AFTER R turns two in Nov., so we are ok with the wait.
I just sent you an email about the cookbooks and what not instead of leaving you a really long post... Have a wonderful day! Tara
Oh, yes, R was MORE than worth the wait, just as you said!! The worst of the wait is yet to come for both of us-- that's that time after you get your referral when you're over here and your baby is 7000 miles away! But in the end, it is the most amazing of experiences!
Post a Comment