Megan from AGCI just called. We were approved. I say that so casually. I assure you that "casual" is not the case. I have been nesting, losing sleep, and worrying like crazy. I actually didn't expect the call until 3:00 Central time. However, I was caught off guard with the news at 11:00 our time. Wonderful!! I had been telling myself to control my reaction. I didn't want to be a huge dork or spaz...which I know that I am. I think I kept my cool. However, inside I was going crazy. Afterwards, I tried to call my husband, text my husband, and e-mail by husband. He didn't respond in his 30 second window of opportunity. Soooooo....I continued to call him, text him, and e-mail him. He finally called! It was a long 5 minutes people...trust me.
So now ladies (and gentlemen) I can officially annoy you with questions, stalk your blogs (in a good way I promise), and worry.
We have set our conference call for Monday, and the older kiddos will be at my sister-in-laws to make it nice and quiet here.
BLOGGER QUESTION OF THE DAY? Our next step is the dossier and homestudy. What should I expect? Are they going to find all of the dust bunnies in my house (like the ones on my dirty computer screen featured in this blog)? Honestly, what should I do to prepare?

5 comments:
Yay! I am so glad that you posted...I just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you and that was the first time I couldn't use my blogging powers to find someone:)
Don't worry too much about the homestudy....our social worker never left the couch....I cleaned for weeks leading up to it too! Domestic adoption homestudies are the ones that check every nook and cranny for the most part.
I would just have the house looking nice and invite her over maybe during nap time because you will spend a lot of time talking and answering a lot of questions. Then when the kids get up she can meet them and then be done.
The dossier is pretty easy for the most part....go ahead and order a couple copies of your birth certificates and marriage liscense and start putting together a monthly budget and list of assets. You will need this for the homestudy and the dossier and any grants you might want to apply for. That should keep you busy for the next week or so:)
Congratulations! We were just approved by AGCI last week so we may be bringing our little blessings home together! Isn't Megan the sweetest?
Congrats... Super excited that you are going through this first so we can follow! Using you as our guniea pig is great :)
Congrats!!! It is all super easy!! We went ahead and had our homestudy finished by the time we were approved...I jumped the gun a little bit..but I was excited!! Then my hubby took over ordering documents and checking things off list...that is his specialty!! Our kids ran around for every meeting and phone call and even the home visits...We decided to show them just how 'real' we were :) We picked up for the woman coming but did nothing serious at all....It all went really quickly and AGCI is the only agency to let you get on the waitlist before your I70A form thing is in...that saved us months!! You'll have to write your life story out...I did that in one night to be done with it...They said I completed my dossier in record time...I was so proud, ha
can't wait to follow you guys, kristi
Congrats! How exciting! You are in for the time of your life!! Your swk will probably not bring out the white glove :) I think it is more important to be able to share why this adoption is so important...what has called you to be here!!! Best of luck to you on your adventure to your new child!! :)
Post a Comment