Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Homestudy AGCI Approved!

Great News! Our homestudy is complete and AGCI approved it after a few revisions. Typically, we would be put on the wait list, but because of the state we live in, we have additional DCFS approvals to jump through. This stinks; but again, I'm trying to remind myself that the wait times only bring us to the baby God has for us.
Basically, our next steps include: Local Staffing of our Homestudy (this week or early next), State Approval of our Homestudy (2 weeks - 2 months). We are also waiting on DCFS clearances. (These were applied for a long, long time ago. Again...a state thing.)
Our social worker here has been great! She'll be e-mailing our homestudy Wednesday or Thursday so we can read it! She assured us that we have nothing to worry about. However, I'm nervous anyway! Shocker, I know.

7 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

If your homestudy has been approved by AGCI there is NOTHING to worry about!! :)

Congratulations! That is so exciting. Can't wait until I read the post when you say you're on the waiting list!

nell ann said...

Great news! Even though it seems like such a baby step, it IS one step closer -- and that matters! It's worth celebrating. So go and celebrate! : )

Dan & Tara said...

I am so excited for you! You'll be on the list all in God's timing. it will be amazing. I am praying for you all and that your clearances go through quickly! - What state are you in, by the way? - Tara

rushclan said...

Thanks for stopping by! Are you all being put on both lists or just boy/girl? If you are the boy list there is a good chance we'll receive referrals close together! How fun!

A.H. said...

Hi Rushclan...I can't seem to get your site to come back up...Just an FYI, we are only on the boys list. We could be on the list anywhere between 3weeks and 2 months, depending on our approval speed(s).

Kristi J said...

So close!! I'm so excited for you guys...You're almost on that wait!! kj

Molly said...

Just stopping in to say hello. I might you guys at your rummage sale today (I'm the one that was talking about the Arnolds and Semlows).

I was so excited to meet another family who is adopting and following the call to care for "the least of these."

I'll be looking forward to following your family on your journey!! I'll be praying!

Many blessings,
Molly