Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lots of Updates and a some new deals


We had a busy Tuesday. We had our closing "walk-through" visit with our local homestudy group and we also had a call from Christy; our international caseworker. Afterwards, I ran to the store to find some cool deals for the baby....tons of diapers for $4.00. I'm good...I know. We also received our new clock from via UPS from the Pottery Barn. (pictured above) I love it. (Thanks Dawn for pointing it out.) I think this clock arrived today on such a busy day for us to remind me to be patient and just let time happen!


Homestudy Visit: We are excited that our homestudy is done! We just need to wait on some state and AGCI approvals to add it to our Dossier. We hear this could take 2weeks to 2 months. This will be a good test for us. We try to remind ourselves that every moment we wait connects us with the right child for us. So...all in all...we are very happy with the speed our socialworker has completed our classes and report!


AGCI conference call: We talked with Christy and can I just say we really, really like her. She told us about her recent trip to Ethiopia and all the wonderful things going on at Hannah's Hope. It is so reassuring to know our little guy is in a safe, loving, and nurturing environment. We have everything done for the Dossier, so that end of the conversation was easy. I took advantage of having her on the phone to ask about waitlists and projected timelines. The rumor about the boys list being shorter is soooooo true. However, the entire Ethiopian Adoption is becoming more popular...therefore court waiting times may be increasing. It should all balance each other out. We project we will travel around Christmas. Please pray that it will be before. I'd love to have him forever home to celebrate with him.



2 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

I'd say you'll travel before Christmas...

JonesEthiopia said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

To be honest, the "numbers" game is stressing me out. I think I just need to give it a rest, and let it play out without my following it so closely. We weren't on the listserv with our first adoption, and I'm starting to think that was actually a good thing in a lot of ways even though it is really great to be able to connect with other agency families, etc.

Two weeks is really good turnaround for an FDL. In some states, the whole process is taking up to 8 months! That would make me crazy.

Yeah, 25 is NOT bad at all. Some friends of ours were with another agency, and their numbers when they first were on the waiting list were like 167 and 172 or something unreal like that!

And, with what our case manager told me about boy numbers the other day, I REALLY REALLY believe that you'll travel before Christmas. It is going to be a lot quicker than you would think.