
We received a call this afternoon from Christy...Yeah! I've been waiting for our first number forever! It looks like it will take 2-3 months for a referral, which is when we will find out who "S" is. At that point, we will contact our international and local pediatrician to look through his records.
Christy also told me not to expect our handsome man before Christmas. I was a little bummed...however we'll just celebrate when he gets here again. All of the kids will love that...but my wallet will not.
Christy actually called me twice. Her first call gave us the number "10". However, another caseworker was simultaneously completing someone else's case and gave them "10" as well. They were done before us, which moved us back to "11". Although bummed, I quickly realized that God jumped in at that moment to give us our intended son. What a difference that moment just made for our family. Christy went on to tell us that a boy referral was accepted this morning, so we really are "10", just not officially yet.

8 comments:
how exciting-and 10 is a SHORT amount of wait time, I promise!! we just brought our little girl home in April and we atarted out at #26 and it was only 6 months of waiting so it will fly by before you know it and then you will shocked that you are actually getting on a plane to bring a baby home!! so exciting for you!!
That's wonderful news.... Your wait will fly by. Then the TRUE wait begins when you have a son (!!!) 7,000 miles away. Enjoy this new phase of your adoption. And you're right, that baby waiting at the end of #11 is the perfect one for you. I marvel sometimes about R being my daughter. If adoption isn't a God thing, I don't know what is. I'm so happy for you!! :)
Congrats, we are very excited for your family!!!
WOW number 11 that is great!!! We are so happy for you!!! We will keep you in our prayers. We started out at number 14 and almost 3 months later we got the CALL!!! So hopefully your wait will be very short and we will be excited with you to see Mr. "S". Our little Silas is doing great and I want to get to boys together after you get home and settled.
Yay for getting on that famous list! It's so exciting -- and everyone is right. It will happen before you know it!
We are so excited for you!!! Sorry we've been out of touch - it was nice to get away though! #11 - can't beleive it. We are hoping to be on the list by Friday, but realistically, probably next Friday. Can't wait to see how fast your referral comes. T
How Exciting!!!! Hopt the time flies quickly for you!
Lucky #11. Congratulations! So nice to have a number!
Post a Comment