Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dossier...Bye Bye

Pictured below are the contents of our Dossier...and two full copies to the right for AGCI. (No...the candle was not included...heeeheee). All of these lovely documents were a cause of running, waiting, running, waiting, stressing, running, waiting...You get the picture. I felt as if I was married to this wonderful set of papers ;and therefore had a hard time letting it go yesterday...Well...not really. I was nervous to let it leave my hands though. Could you imagine if it would have gotten lost? I delivered it via Fed Ex. I was going to overnight it until the clerk told me it would be $50.00. Yikes! Two day was $24.00. Christy, my caseworker, told me that they wouldn't be working on them until Friday, so I opted for two day. To my surprise, I tracked it all the way to Portland and it arrived this morning at 10:00 a.m. Wow! 17 hours! Good thing I didn't pay the extra money. Go Fed Ex!!!!! Christy called tonight and told me that she was officially holding it in her hands. How exciting!!! They will review it Friday behind 3 others that arrived earlier this week. We should get a call with our first "official" numbers by 6:00 p.m. Friday night. WhooooHooooo! The list is at 10 right now. We'll see what we get. All of the lovely papers fit in this envelope! The contents of this package will make it to Ethiopia way before us.
Mr. "S"...we are getting closer to you.






2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

HOW exciting!!!!!! A lot of time and precious hours, but sooo worth it, and sooo happy times to have that part done!

The Bogard Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you! Every step is getting you closer to bring your little "S" home and we are can't wait to get our little "S" together! It is going to be SO much fun!!! Keep me posted on how things are going. Talk to you soon!

Angie