It was a normal Friday for me when the famous AGCI area code popped up on my phone. Hubby was gone helping his mom move, and I was visiting with my food supervisor for my preschool. I quickly looked at the phone then to her then back to my phone. All I could do was stand up,until I finally muttered the words that I had to get this...and that I may be getting a baby. Well...lets just say she had a front row seat to my referral. We conferenced hubby in, who was in the car traveling to help his mom move to a new house. I was shaking, pacing, and really out of it. I wasn't expecting the call, considering by my detective work, we were still #2. I wrote down everything Christy said, and asked questions. I didn't have many because I couldn't think; but I managed to come up with a list and and call her back later in the day. I contacted everyone I needed to, my international pediatrician, local caseworker, and our families (and of course..blogland.) We decided to wait and tell the kids until Brian was home. Hubby and I also had to make the decision as to whether or not I should open the documents sent by Christy without him. We knew he wouldn't be home for awhile, and also wouldn't have internet access, so we decided I could open it and take a picture via cell phone so he could see him with me. I also propped the video camera up on some books to tape myself opening his picture for the first time. I agree I'm a dork, but when I watched it over and over...I cried. It was perfect. He is perfect. I wish I could post more than his handsome hand...but you all know how that is. The big reveal will come sooner than later hopefully.
About one hour before I called my mom, she bought me a ladybug picture frame for his picture. It was my final "ladybug" luck before the referral. I'm really loving this superstition. We love it so much that we are making ladybug cupcakes tonight and tomorrow to celebrate our referral. Next we have a referral call with AGCI to find out our next course of action.
For those in my shoes, you'll understand why in all of this excitment I'm sad as well. I worry about the emotions of his birth "tummy" mommy. I also ache to meet him. At many points in the day, I'll calculate the time at H.H. and try to figure out what he is doing. Thank God I know he is being taken care of and "fattened up" as Christy said. I truly am comforted by that; but can't wait to feed him, rock him, and comfort him. I miss him and haven't even met him in person. I don't know how God does it...but He does. He matched the perfect little guy with our family. Praise the Lord.
About one hour before I called my mom, she bought me a ladybug picture frame for his picture. It was my final "ladybug" luck before the referral. I'm really loving this superstition. We love it so much that we are making ladybug cupcakes tonight and tomorrow to celebrate our referral. Next we have a referral call with AGCI to find out our next course of action.
For those in my shoes, you'll understand why in all of this excitment I'm sad as well. I worry about the emotions of his birth "tummy" mommy. I also ache to meet him. At many points in the day, I'll calculate the time at H.H. and try to figure out what he is doing. Thank God I know he is being taken care of and "fattened up" as Christy said. I truly am comforted by that; but can't wait to feed him, rock him, and comfort him. I miss him and haven't even met him in person. I don't know how God does it...but He does. He matched the perfect little guy with our family. Praise the Lord.
7 comments:
Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! Let me know if you have any travel questions.
Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com
so very excited for you!!!! your call story was making me tear up! i cant wait to be able to post our call story :)
I'm very happy for you!! congrats on your lil' boy.... maybe we'll be traveling together?? Maybe our babies are BFF's by now?
Congrats on your call! How exciting!! Can't wait to see him. Maybe I will when we travel to get our little boy.
Enjoy this moment!
Carrie
www.promiseinethiopia.blogspot.com
what a great call story, so excited for you guys!
I hadn't had a chance to read your story and I completley relate to your comments at the end of your post. The joy is mixed with a kind of sadness that is hard to explain. I don't know what I would do without others that are adopting expressing these feelings as well. It is good to know that there are other families going through the same transition. Hopefully we will get our court dates soon and be able to travel together!!
Okay, so I already knew the whole story, and yet, as I read this today, I sit here crying. Silas is one very lucky little boy, and I can not wait to remind him of that fact as he grows up. I am so glad to be along for the ride on this amazing journey you are taking! Love you all!
Post a Comment