This weekend I joined many, many other families at a local church to learn more about domestic and international adoption. The keynote speaker was a mother of 4 children through international adoption and an employee of Kingdom Kids. She discussed the fears and fantasies of adoption, as well as her personal stories of bringing her children forever home. It was great to hear her testimonials.
I chose two breakout sessions; financing adoption and sharing the adoption with the church community. Both sessions were very informative. I had many questions clarified about financing, especially the tax credit we will receive once "S"s adoption is finalized. A representative from Lifesong also spoke about joining in with the church, and he will be contacting my church to begin orphan care with them.
My favorite part of the seminar was the "meet and greet" during breakfast. Many agencies and countries were represented. AGCI was even there!!!! It was nice to meet other families using my international agency, as well as meet with our local homestudy group. I met some little people from Ethiopia and their parents too! So motivating!!!
Today we have our first round of classes with our social worker for our homestudy. We are notarizing our documents tonight and sending our contracts in to AGCI tomorrow!
We are also in the process of finishing paperwork and gathering documents for our contracts and homestudy. Tomorrow, Hubby and I will have our fingerprints taken. Our medicals are scheduled too.
As part of my Dossier and homestudy, both Hubby and I have to write a fairly lengthy autobiography. Fun! So, if any of you are interested we can send you copies. Haa!

No comments:
Post a Comment