Friday, February 27, 2009

Letter to "S" for his lifebook and blog book

Dearest "S",

This is my first letter to you. I wanted to introduce myself as one of your mommy’s. You see...God decided to give you two mommy’s to share a special love for you deep in our hearts. God picked you for us to share because we have a lot in common. God has given us both the privilege and the pleasure to call you “our miracle” and “my son”. Even though I haven’t met your mommy in person, I know both of us feel each of your kicks, hear your cries, dream of your future, and wish you good health and joy. I know you enter both of our minds and sit on our hearts throughout our days. You bring us great joy. You bring us great happiness, and we hope to give you comfort and love in return. We both love you dear son.

God has a plan for everybody; and everybody’s plan is unique. Although we trust Him, we are curious to know how he came up with our unique life paths. Nobody but God knows where our paths will lead. But, we do know where they have been and where they are in the present. I know now "S" that your journey of life will start inside the womb of a wonderful women that I call your “tummy” mommy. God called your “tummy” mommy to carry you and hold you with great care in her heart and to physically carry you in her tummy. She sure is lucky isn’t she? Your “tummy” mommy was chosen for you. I hope someday I’ll get the opportunity to meet and know her like God has allowed you to know her. I also wish to thank her...thank her for sharing you with me. I will forever be grateful to her. I can tell you, I know that she is beautiful.

You are or will be born in a country far away from where you will grow up. My guess is that God wanted you to not only know your “tummy” mommy, but he wanted to start you out in a land where family is the center of their culture. As a grown up, I understand the importance of family and that is why I promised God to share this with you and your brother, sisters, and Daddy. I will forever love you little boy. I will forever be humbled by God’s calling to bring you to our family. I thank him for trusting me to be a mommy to you.

I can’t wait to meet you “S” and get you caught up on my life. For now, I’ll just tell you a bit about me. Your brother and sister’s tell me that I’m really quite silly. I like to read kid’s books, play outside in the snow, build castles out of blocks, dance, and kiss (to often I’m told). Hopefully, this fills your “mommy” requirements. I pray you understand my love for you, as I hope your siblings know my love for them. I love you all in a way that I cannot describe. I can’t wait to physically hold you and kiss you. Although we haven’t met in person, I have already started my “mommy” duties for you. I lose sleep due to my thinking about you. I dream about you and take great joy in comforting you from miles away. When your brother and two sisters giggle, I dream of you laughing alongside them. I feel your kicks in my heart all the time...and I know you like to move because you kick my heart often.

Please know how much I love you now and forever...and remember that the heart knows no boundaries. Love has no borders. Both your mommies love you...no matter how many miles away we are. I'll pick you up soon little guy.

With love, Mommy

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes! Love it!