Brian called me this morning from the Union Hotel Lounge with a certain little someone on his lap. What a joy to hear our son's babbles. He also took some time to attempt a good lick of Brian's phone while Brian held it up for me to talk to him.
Brian said that he slept well. He got him yesterday at about 3 p.m. Addis time and hung out at Hannah's Hope until about 5:30ish so "S" could take a nap in the hotel room. He cried a bit then, but fell asleep until 8:00. Brian was able to have some play time in the lounge for another 2 hours. Brian feels he is attaching well. Sigh...
He did sleep last night for Bri from 11-5:30. Nice!!! He seemed happy in the background. I wish I was there to see the two boys I'm missing more than words can explain.
So...as my night is coming to an end...Brian says goodnight to me. As his day is about to begin...I say good morning to him. This morning at 7:45 Addis Time, they take off on what sounds like an adventurous car ride to the Embassy. Once back at the hotel, I'm sure "S" will nap, and so will Brian. Maybe he'll just stare at him like I would...or just hold him. I can't wait to feel the weight and warmth of his warm little body. I stare at our empty rocking chair as I type this...In one week, it will be occupied. I can do this waiting thing...right?
Please pray for my restless heart tonight and that God will give me the strength to be stronger in this time of celebrating Daddy meeting our son.

6 comments:
I have been praying for you for the last couple of days (and stalking your blog for updates, so please keep them coming). I think that you are an amazingly strong mother and it's awesome that you are doing what's best for your family....I'm sure it doesn't make this time any easier but I pray that the Lord would give you His peace and comfort while you wait one more week to hold your sweetie pie.
Continue to have you all in my prayers!
I have been lurking and reading your blog - thank you so much for your day-to-day reporting of events in Addis Ababa...my daugher, Shauna, is there with Brian's group picking up her new beautiful 6-month old daughter, and I am able to envision her daily activities through your postings. Thank you SO MUCH. I can only imagine how hard for you to make the decision not to go but it is only a few more days now until you have your boys home! What a wonderful Thanksgiving blessing we are having this year!!
Hang in there Audrey...you are SOOO close. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. We are all praying for you and I know God will give you strength and will sustain you until he is in your arms. Stay busy, and know that even when you are too sad to pray, others are praying on your behalf.
they are almost home now!!! you are doing an amazing job! we continue to pray for all of you!
Before you know this will be a distant past of waiting. Hang in there before you know it Silas will be in your arms.
Post a Comment