I am quite the "cereal blogger" these days. Someday, I"ll share this part of the journey with our little man. Right now...it is 5 a.m. here. Brian is signing paperwork, as I nervously and anxiously await a phone call from him.
It is quiet, dark, and cozy here in the basement of my parents..something I'm not used too. Everyone has been asleep, as my nervous mind snuck to the basement to reflect, cry, and feel connected to Brian, our son, and God. A week ago, I didn't imagine I would be lying on a couch, miles from a moment in my life I dreamt of for so long. But, here I am...following God's plan and trusting him. Perfection will come on Friday when our family of 6 is joined and we sit on the couch for our first family photo.
This morning as I lay here. I have had time for many emotions. Tears, joy, anticipation, adrenaline...you name it. Wow!
As I tuck myself back in my quiet room and wait for the phone call, I continue to be drawn closer to God in prayer and thought! He is helping my heart calm...and allowing my heart to be in Ethiopia.

No comments:
Post a Comment