I talked with Brian on our cell phones our time 11:30a.m. We haven't talked since I was going to bed last night and they were waking up this morning. E-mail has been sketchy, and in fact he had time to type me a long one only to have it freeze upon sending. I did manage to open the account from here and recover what he had typed up to one of the "auto saves". So, for all you future travelers...type many smaller e-mails!!
Brian was so excited to share some stories about the ride to the embassy, and the other kids at Hannah's Hope. He has so much to tell me and show me through picture and video, thanks to two video cameras and 3 cameras that went on my behalf...oh...and two journals for the men to write down their thoughts.
Bri continues to be in awe with the driving. Kids and men run alongside the vehicles to beg or to say hi. He really is in awe with the "family" culture more than anything. Men stop and hug in the streets and hold hands walking. Families go together many times, especially in resteraunts and places my brother has toured. The family-centered culture is what pulled our hearts to choose Ethiopia when deciding which country our little man would be from.
Updates from Brian lift my spirits more than he'll ever know. I love that man!!!!
Our phone call today, focused on many more questions about "S" and how he takes to Bri, how he plays, what he looks like, his temperament, etc... He is a content and happy, and LOUD guy Brian said. He loves to be heard as he plays and babbles. He only cries when he is tired or when he needs to eat. He is eating well today; and of course I asked the mom question I know we all ask..."Has he pooped." It was fun to hear more about him as his personality opens for Brian. Brian has had lots of sleep, but wonders what tonight will bring due to "S" sleeping most of the trip back and forth to the embassy, as well as lots of additional naps. He must already be getting ready for his mommy and her schedule. He is a genius...He knows it is time to start transitioning to me!
Brian continues to praise Hannah's Hope and the care they are giving all the little ones over there. What a comfort and I hope it comforts all of you waiting.
Thursday, the families get to tour the new (or additional?) Hannah's Hope being built. My brother will be helping decorate the walls with his artistic abilities!
It was also fun to learn about all of the places my brother has gone. He has really enjoyed Johanes (Almaz's Brother). Aaron thinks he is awesome and plans to return to visit him and do some work with Hannah's Hope. Aaron has his own cab driver now that he calls to take him out and about. He has toured and videoed things even Brian is unable to go and see. So far, he has seen parks, churches, the university, and much more. (He has even taken pictures of the sink, toilet, and every other inch of the hotel room.) My brother is a go-getter, so I knew he would enjoy the trip and journal/video it well for me. He is an adventurous guy and always wants to care for others...hence him going on the trip. He loves the toddlers at Hannah's Hope, and they love him right back. He played basketball with them yesterday and became hot, so took off his hat. He has shaggy hair and the kids were mesmerized with it. It isn't long by any means, but longer than they are used too. One little boy was particularly mesmerized and asked to rub it. When Aaron arrived back at H.H. today the older kids were all lined up and in their red jackets ready for school. When the cute little boy saw my brother he ran up to him and motioned to rub his hair again. It makes sense though...I'm guessing they mostly see shorter hair. It must be a comfort to rub it!!
I can't wait to hear and share more stories. Brian said he has so many, there is no way to share in one phone call. Amazing!
I'll leave you with some e-mail updates from my hubby!
"As you know, I got "S" today and actually he is on my lap right now so a little hard to type. Long story short..it was an amazing day....He is perfect in so many ways, yet imperfect in the right ways as well. fl;allkd that was him typing. Anyway i have lots of pics and stories to share, but he isn't going to let me do that right now. I miss you so much...and the kids terribly. I will enjoy the rest of this week but look forward to going home. Off to the Embassy tomorrow. It is about an hour from here with no baby seats and the craziest driving I have ever seen...I will try to update sometime tomorrow."
I look forward to more updates and more blogging as another journal my sweet "S" can read.

7 comments:
that is so funny...i also asked the "poop question" about juniper when chris picked her up :) great moms think alike i guess :)
sounds like your boy is a sweetie! can't wait to see pictures of him!
jana
So fun.....exciting....awwwww
I love the updates! Keep them coming! Keeping you all in my prayers and hoping Friday comes super fast for you! Can't wait to meet the little guy!
Michele
I cannot wait to me and hold my new grandson. This one made me cry. Silas sounds perfect in every way. We love you Silas!
Grandma and Papa
LOVING your updates!!! Oh!! I cannot wait to see him, and pictures of when you meet your son at the airport!
my goodness- gives me chills just thinking about it!
SO excited for you!!! what a moment at the airport that will be!!
Praise God for technology, sketchy though it may be! So excited to see pics and I'm loving the updates!!
Post a Comment