"It is Thursday morning here...about 7:45am. We leave tonight from the airport around 10:30 pm. I am not looking forward to the flight but every hour that passes will get me that much closer to home. "S" has been great. He is a very happy guy and likes to play. He gets compliments from the others here about how beautiful he is. He had a bit of a problem last night sleeping and I am not sure if it is some teeth coming in or a belly ache, but right now he is laughing and playing with Aaron so he seems ok. Last night we went to a local restaraunt and ate authentic Ethiopian food watch song and dance. I was not a huge fan of the food, but the atmosphere was pretty cool. "S" watched with bug eyes the whole time. This will be my last email as I will start to pack and get ready to go. Today we get to visit the new Hannah's Hope and help Almaz do some painting and stuff. Aaron is going to draw some cartoon figures on thewalls as well and I am going to put "S"s handprint on one of the walls. Then we will come back to the hotel have some lunch and leave for the airport around 6pm. It has been quite a week...long and short. It has been an eye opening and humbling experience to say the least. I came here to pick up "S" to bring him to his forever home and forever family, yet I think the change in me as a person has been much more dramatic then I could have imagined. I can't wait to see you...I will be home soon! love,me."
I am such a lucky wife aren't I? I love my hubby. I can't wait to grab that man and hug him! I miss him, miss him, miss him!! What a blessing I will have this Thanksgiving Weekend...our complete family under one roof. As you can imagine, my heart is bursting with excitment today as my boys are lifting off. I pray he soaked in as much of Addis as possible in his stay. We will be back as a family of 6 someday and I look forward to it. I can't wait to see and smell and feel and hear the sounds of Ethiopia first hand. I pray for that day, and can't wait to show "S" and his siblings, as they experience it with me.
Please lift my husband, brother, son, and all of the travelers up in prayer as they fly home to their families and friends today/tonight. Pray for happy, healthy, and safe trips home.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of You!

6 comments:
I can only imagine the joy and excitement that you are feeling!!! Within hours, they will both be home and in your arms!!! I absolutely cannot wait to see photos!!
Audrey, I am crying excited tears for you guys. This is what family is all about. And a marriage partnership. :) Safe travels guys. Momma's arms are ready for ya!
So awesome Aud! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
OH YEAH!!!! How AMAZING!!!!! What a lot to be THANKFUL for!!!! So happy for you all!!!!
Thankful for YOU, Audrey, and for your willingness to share this journey with us. Soooo excited and can't wait to see your whole family together at last!!
Praying for safe and calm travels for them both. And I cannot wait to see a picture of the complete family of six.
I'm so happy for you!
Happy Thanksgiving!
M
Post a Comment