My hubby just called from his Ethiopian Airlines Seat!! Did I just say that? Is it here? This is so real. My brother and hubby are leaving Washington D.C. at 9:30a.m. DC time. They will arrive in Rome for a fuel stop, and then continue on to Addis. Crazy!

In two short days, hubby will be meeting this smile. He will be bonding with him, learning him, and reporting back to an excited Mommy!

In one week, I will be looking into these very eyes, face-to-face and learning my newest son's every need and want. I can't wait to have both boys in my arms!
.jpg)
Please pray for all those traveling this weekend and for the joy of meeting their little ones.
And...please pray for my peace of mind as we made the last-minute decision for one of us to stay home with our older kiddos for a variety of reasons. I keep reminding myself that every family has a unique story, and that every family has different needs and does what is best for their own family. By no means has this been a perfect decision, and was the hardest we have had to make to date. God has a plan...I know, and I trust that.
My focus of the week is to pray with God, and rejoice in the fact that we have a healthy, happy son coming home soon. I plan to laugh, cry, and support our kiddos here, as my hubby supports our youngest in Addis. God Bless my hubby and my brother. I can't wait to meet our little miracle and have our new family of SIX all together. At that time, our journey as a complete family will open the newest chapter to our book.
Daddy is coming little man!!!!

8 comments:
awesome! i am praying for you!
jana
I'm sure this was an especially tough decision, but you guys are wonderful parents and knowing that, there is no doubt that you made the best decision for your family. And soon it won't matter who went or how he got here, because you will all finally be together as one big happy family! yay! So happy for you, and can't wait to see pics of Brian and Aaron's trip! Thinking of you all! B
Amazing, isn't it?
I have you all in my prayers! You will be holding your son soon!
Can't beat wise decisions! Praying for your husband and all traveling and I can't wait to see pictures of your whole family united! Congratulations!!
AHHHHHH! I'm just SOOOO excited that your time has come! Praying for all of you and absolutely can't wait to see the rest of that adorable little face =)
Ah, I just caught up on this post and your last one and see that you have decided to stay home. I remember you being concerned about the flight, leaving your older children behind, etc... as far back as some of your earliest posts, so I'm sure this decision is bringing you peace with those issues although I know your heart aches for your little man. I remember reading about Chris' (of Daddy's Daisies) experience meeting their little Juni, and being so touched reading of the trip through a loving father's eyes--just being reminded of how special that Daddy-baby bonding is (and I think daddies sometimes get a little deprived of parts of the process when experienced mommies are close at hand). I hope your husband is able to keep a journal--and take lots of pictures for you to post! What a special father-son experience they will share! And what a great Thanksgiving weekend it will be to finally have your family all together!
A very hard decision I am sure. Praying for you and for your men over in Addis!!! I am sure you will be busting at the seams to see them when they get home!!!! Feeling your excitement, and praying for all of you as well!!!!
You made the best decision for your family and I think that is great! They'll be home before you know it! Praying...
Post a Comment